Sunday, March 21, 2010

H8TR #1

and the reports just keep coming! Friday last year's womens H8TR100 champ Meghan Korol went out for a solo jaunt along the trails of H8T and this what she had to report:

I felt the hate today....

my plans for a full H8TR recon yesterday with Dave were shifted to a hilly road ride so I decided to head out on my own this afternoon. I left the shop just as the clouds came rolling in. the unfinished portion has a lot more rocks than I remembered, a bunch of small dead things and some big holes to look out for. it also has thorns and branches that will slap you and make your shins bleed. once on the gravel the trail conditions are very, very fast...hard to believe that only a few days ago it was a power sucking trail of slush and misery. this was the first time I've ridden it on something other than slicks but I imagine those would be fine for the gravel sections. As I approached the tunnel, the wind picked up, the temperatures dropped a ton and it began to rain. All of the ice is completely gone and the conditions near the tunnel are pretty sloppy. The empty bottles of Faygo along the trail led me to believe that the sounds inside the tunnel were from juggalos and not pigeons, so I did not go inside...

No comments:

Post a Comment

just hatin'